November 1, 2007

Halloween!

Lets start with Halloween prep! On Saturday we carved pumpkins and Taylor played with the guts! She is not one for being overly messy, but she had fun! She has a book titled "Five Little Pumpkins" and she chose the face of her pumpkin from that book. Tony decided to go scary, and I just went for happy.


Last night was Halloween! Taylor dressed up as a penguin and went to about twenty houses trick-or-treating! She looked so cute in her costume, and she really seemed to enjoy being out with all the kids. She received a lot of candy, and surprisingly she can eat most of it! Her favorite is suckers, even though they make a huge mess, but she doesn't care. She lets the sticky drool fall!


As of right now, Taylor is enrolled in Gymboree Music and Gym, and she is making new friends fast! She loves to watch all the other kids and everyday she is growing more and more. Today she got onto her knees (this is a big thing since she has always hated being on her knees!) and then stood! Yep, we are those parents! Everything is great!...even the yucky stuff like her cold! I just tell myself "Hey at least she is building antibodies!


And just in case you were all wondering about our adult Halloween party, here is a picture of us!

7 comments:

Sandi said...

I love it. First of all the pumpkins are great and her costume is too cute. I am glad she had fun, isn't amazing how fast they grow up. My niece and nephew had a blast last night.

Now your costumes are awesome. It is great to see you guys having fun.

I am glad to see that all is well in Michigan. Is it cold yet?

I'm on my way to Kostonai at some point soon, just waiting on my LOI.

Sandi

The Cook said...

I love the costume and the adult ones too. she looks so dang cute. What a little doll. sophie loved the pumpkin guts and they were all over our house. it was a mess but lots of fun.

Dana said...

Taylor is so adorable as a penguin!! I also love YOUR costumes! Really great! You both really look the part. Happy to hear Taylor is moving right along with things. She is a cute as a button!

Matthew Ruley said...

OMG you two are SO funny! I love your costumes! Of course, little Tyler is so cure buy you two are so funny! Thank you for sharing. Suzanne "Still waiting!"

Matthew Ruley said...

I don't think I ever sent you an invite to our blog. If youre interested, email me at ruley at tampabay.rr.com Thanks

Sonya said...

Taylor is getting big and is so cute and adorable! Thanks for the update.

We are leaving for Karaganda tomorrow. We are very excited.

Sonya

By the way, love those adult costumes.

Maren and Peter said...

I didnt' let Rinat play with the pumpkin insides- I bet he would have loved it! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Keep up the blogging- Rinat loves to hear that his baby house friends are doing well!
-Maren (and Peter and Rinat)