June 14, 2007

Travel Dates!

Yesterday at 3:03pm, I was walking in throught the front door of our home when the phone rang. I could not make it to the phone in time and no message was left so I just believed that it was a solisitor. Boy was I wrong. Not thirty seconds later my cell phone rang and I saw that it was Tatiana our case manager! She had fantastic news. She told us that we need to be in Astana, Kazakhstan on July 5th! That is exactly three weeks away from today! So I called Tony all happy and crying and told him the good news. He was so excited and giddy he had a hard time concentrating on work the rest of the day. We told our parents and my sister last night, as well as Bethany. They were all so happy for us! So we sat down and talked about what needs to be done in order to be ready to leave. And there is a lot! We sat down with Stacey and discussed the ground rules for watching our home while we are away. She seems truely grateful for the opportunity to earn our trust.

This afternoon, still reeling with excitement, I had to call Tatiana one more time to confirm it was all really happening. I even told that I was afraid that she had mixed us up with another family. See, our Dossier was sent to the Embassy on May 23rd and was overseas apparantly before June. Tatiana explained that this did seem quick but that we are the "perfect parents." Kazakhstan officials look for couples who are young, earn decent money, and are truely "happy." Well, now doesnt that just describe us?!! I would have though so....

We will probably be running around like chickens with our heads cut off as we try to prepare for what is about to take place. Saturday we head up to Tawas to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary (this is such a great present!) so we will be enjoying ourselves 100%.

I look forward to postin gwith more news soon!

4 comments:

THE SCHAEFERS said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to follow your adventure.

Sarah and Andy said...

YAY! We are so excited for you!!! Who knows, maybe we will be sent to Astana while you are still there. :) Now it's time for you to pack like crazy! God Bless!!!

Jaime said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for the both of you! You better get to packing...Have a great anniversary!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your travel dates!

We adopted our son from Astana in May 2006.

We also use Commonwealth.

Say hi to Baheet from the Taylors.