May 15, 2007

Why is it?

Since we have begun this process of adopting, 6 months now, I have found that everyone is always telling me that I will now get pregnant! Why is that? Six months in and I am still not pregnant. So for everyone who has yet to tell us, Yes, we know that I will now get pregnant!

Also, for those of you who have actually seen the hideous movie "Borat," yep, thats the country. That is Kazakhstan. However, the country is not vulgar and repulsive like the character Borat. Wow, that was a horrible movie! To those of you who have not seen the movie, Tony and I both recommend that you dont!

So here comes the fun stuff:
Vaccinations! YAY! Um, not really...
We have talked with our doctor about all the vaccines that the CDC recommends. The list is huge: Hepatitis A and B, Malaria, Rabies, Typhoid, and boosters for Tetanus and Measles. Now after talking with Dr. Lepley, she has said that we only need Hep A and the Tetanus Booster. Well thats good! However, insurance will only cover it if is for a regular immunization, not for international travel. So once the vaccine for Hep A is in, we can make an appointment and get this over with.

In other news, I got bit by another dog yesterday. I think they have it in for me. First it was Staycie's dog and now Shea, the dog where I nanny at. Here's the thing though, Shea didn't mean it. If anything I am to blame. The kids and Shea were wrestling and Shea got very hyper and the kids got scared. Well, I pulled Shea off and got bite - NOT DEEP!- on accident. So I went to the dictor's today, just to get checked, and all I had to do was get a Tetanus shot! Well hey! I needed that anyways! So there is one less shot! And for those of you who have never had one (like me) or have not had one in 10 years (you should get one every ten years)... they hurt! I am not talking about the needle, but the medicine itself! It burns and the injection site aches. So, at least I have that done! Cant wait for Tony to get his!

So the waiting is becoming just that... waiting. We have run out of things ot prepare for. We want to start to get the travel supplies ready but we have to get some finances in order first. THANK YOU so much to all of you that have helped! We could not be where we are without you!

Thanks for all the support, and please, keep it coming! We can use the emotional boost oevery once in a while! :)

No comments: