August 6, 2007

A Nice Night Out & A Day in the Mountains!

Well, our internet has been a bit of a pain the last few days, so we are going to play a little catch up. Its been an enjoyable and relaxing couple of days since we left the baby house on Saturday. Saturday evening, we went out with our usual group of friends to Ali Baba. It was a nice dinner, capped off with the Dads doing a shot of Sambuka as a toast to fatherhood. We left dinner, and discovered a free outdoor concert near the mall that we all stopped and enjoyed. The concert was a rally in support of the President of Kazakhstan. We didn't really care, we just enjoyed the music. All in all, it was a fun night.





Yesterday we spent a day at a resort in the mountains. It was about a 4 hour drive there but well worth it! We left at 7:30am with Baheet, Gulsana, Yurlan, and the other CAI famliy, Maren and Peter. The drive was interesting... All of us crammed in this van, and with Tony and I being so large we all had to fit like puzzle pieces! I have to admit, we all got a little stir crazy but Tony made the end of the trip fun by practicing Russian badly and making Gulsana crack up! Once we got there, we ate breakfast and made our way into the resort. It was absolutely beautiful! We hiked up to many rock formations and went swimming in the lake. The weather when we originally got there was rainy and chilly but it cleared up and became very nice.





This formation is in the lake. Many people rent paddle boats or swim to the rock. We saw many jumping off of it too! Tony, Maren and I had planned to swim out there, but the water was very cold. We swam for about 20 minutes. Cold, but very clean!



Below is one of the rock formations. At the very top there is an elephant formation. The elephant is laying down facing away but you can see the ear, trunk and body.





We ended the day (before the second 4 hour drive that is) at an outdoor market. We were able to find some inexpensive keepsakes. It was very interesting to walk through. Below, you will see the large row of seafood vendors. Needless to say, the smell was something to envy.




There was an inspection at the baby house today, so we won't be going to see Taylor until 6pm. We are having serious baby withdrawls as it has been over 48 hours since we've seen her. We will update with more Taylor pics after tomorrow's visit.

6 comments:

Susan said...

how much fun!! It's so nice for us who have yet to experience Kaz to not only see your wonderful days with cutie pie Taylor but also that you're having so much fun seeing Kaz. It will be so fun to tell Taylor all about it when she's older. We are getting closer-my passport arrived Saturday! But, alas, I found out all my documents are notarized incorrectly for my dossier, so they have to be redone. It's always something. :) But, when i get frustrated, I go read your blog and smile. My son and I are practicing our Russian in the car. My husband makes fun of us. But, we are gonna RULE and talk about him where he can't undertand. GREAT PICS FROM TODAY. thanks!!


your email stalker from Florida
(but i'm also with CAI at least)
Susan
http://ouradventurestomeetbabykaz.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a nice vacation from Taylor. I can say, it might have been a nice trip for you to relax and have some you time. Which means listening to Tony's bad russian, but I wish I could have been there. It looks so beautiful. Anyways can't wait to see more Taylor pictures tomorrow. Just think this way, another week and shes yours. I mean ours, remember Auntie Heather will spoil the sh*t outta her. Chat more with the new pics

Mom & Dad VanSant said...

Looking at you pictures the last one is the way I pictured everything in my mind so boy was I mistaken. There sure looks like a lot of beautiful country where your at. I hope youe enjoying yourself, however in the same breath I hope you miss home and are
ready to return. I Love and miss you x 3.

gggggggggooooooooo

Dad

Debbie said...

My Goodness the country of Kazakhstan is very beautiful and your pictures show it off well. It sounds like you really enjoyed your trip to the mountains even though the car ride was somewhat crammped.
Time is flying by and before too long you will be able to take Taylor out of the Baby House for good. You must be over joyed.
The blog has been great for us...it is almost as if we were there sharing this wonderful journey with you. You have made many new life long friends that all share the same bond of adoption with you.
Can't wait until you all get home and we get to meet Miss Taylor in person but for now all the great pictures will have to do. She is very photogenic and from her blog has quite a sense of humor.
Miss you guys, but before too long now you will be back home and once settled we will all have to get together. In the meantime
HUGS TO ALL OF YOU
Debbie

Snoopy 1 said...

Wow great shots! and CRAB LEGS!!!!! WOW look at the buckets and buckets of crab legs. I would be in heaven! I hope is going well for you all. You look like you are having a great time the land is beautiful! Taylor are need to deside between a New York Taxi Cab Driver (from looking at that one picture), or a Editor and Chef of GHSN.
HUGS and Love to ALL
MARK

Snoopy 1 said...

One thing for sure you well have a live time of memories to tell Taylor. This has been a great adventure for all of you and for as at home , it looks like a great vacation spot. I have never seen anything that beautiful and would love to it myself. A Question for you in front of all those Wonderful Buckets of Crab legs, what kind of fish was that on the table? I just wondered what kind of fish they have that far away, as I was looking at the pic's again my stomach was rumbling and letting me know how good that looked.
Have the time of your life's and enjoy yourselfs, but don't have to much fun your'll never want to come home.
Well we hope to see you soon!
We Love you!
HUGS to all
mark