August 4, 2007

The Taylor Report - Week Ending Aug 4th, 2007


Well its hard to believe its been another week already, but once again it is time for another installment of the Taylor Report. This is Taylor Van Sant, your roving reporter in the field here in Kazakhstan. Its been an eventful week. Mom and Dad went to court and were officially made my parents. After the fifteen day waiting period (which is set to end on Tuesday August 14th), I will get to go home with them. There is still the matter of my passport after that, which will take approximately one week, so I will get to hang out with them here in Astana during that time. I have been thinking long and hard about what my passport photo will look like. Below, you will see which face I decided on:



Pretty cool huh?

So over the course of this past week, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I want to do when I grow up. I can't keep reporting on myself forever after all. Its cute while I'm a baby, but I don't think anyone will find it quite as funny when I'm in my mid-forties and I take a picture of myelf with drool running down my lip. Here are some of the things that I have come up with:




Investment Banker.

As you can see here, I'm pretty good with money. This is a job I could really sink my teeth into (well, my gums that is... at least for now)




Food Critic.

I could go to the finest restaurants and share the best places to dine with my readers. I have already developed quite a taste for fine cuisine. I even manage to get some of it in my mouth. Here I am sampling a little Duck-A-La-Plastic.




Cab Driver.

On second thought, I'd better pass on that one. I have quite a bad case of the road rage...




WNBA Superstar.

I could be the biggest basketball star ever. Look at me soar...




Professional Musician.

Here you see me rocking out on my drum! (Sorry Uncle Keith & Aunt Tammy, my daddy already bought me a drum, so you don't have to get me one now.) Daddy has already been singing me lullabies by Bon Jovi, the Eagles, and Jimmy Buffett, so I think I have a pretty good head start already.




Ballerina.

I'll have to convince my dad that little girls are not meant to grow up and be football stars first, but I think I might be able to pull it off.




Arctic Explorer.

The penguins are cute, but its oh so cold. Maybe not.




Human Resources Manager.

I could follow in my Daddy's footsteps and work in Human Resources. Here I am practicing scolding him for not putting all of my toys away when he was done with them. I put these policies in place for a reason. Some Daddy's just don't listen.



On second thought, maybe its better for me to just be a cute baby for a little while. Mom and Dad would probably appreciate it if I just played with them for the rest of their lives anyway. I keep hearing them say things like "Wait until she gets older and she can mow the lawn and do the dishes. How great will that be?" I'm not sure exactly what that means yet, but I think those must be games I can play with them when I'm a little bigger.



As always, thanks for tuning in! Talk to you again next week!

LOVE, TAYLOR

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Another great report Taylor it just heeps getting better and better. I so enjoy your prespective on the week. What a very smart young lady you are.
As for what you will be when you grow up mu love you can be anything you set your mind to but may I make a suggestion...not a cabbie you have far to nice a disposistionn for that. For right now just be mommy and daddys baby girl and I am sure you will do just fine.
We her in Michigan can't wait to FINALLY get to meet you. Mommy and Daddy have had you all to themselves but once they get home they will have to share you with many loving family and friends who can't wait to meet you. I know that I am one of them.
Mommy and Daddy have done such a great job keeping us informed on whats going on and adding pictures that in a way we know you already. You are very lucky to have such great parents. I have known your mom since she was a teenager and your dad about 10 years and you couldn't ask for better parents. I know that they will take good care of you and nurture you so you will be the best person and happiest person you can be.
Give Mommy and Daddy a hug from me and give yourself one from me too. Can't wait for you guys to come home.
Debbie

Kristan and Mark said...

Very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I agreed with you Taylor, just be a baby for now, then in 18 or so years you can make a decision on what you want to be. I enjoy hearing your side of the story of whats happening at the baby house. It brings a smile to my face. Tell Mom, that you just might become a home mommy like her now. It's not so bad, sit and watch kids while watching your soap operas(lol). But Daddy's job is just as good, then you will have lots of money to spend. And make sure you go to college and become the smartest person in your family. Which may be hard, due to your smart azz parents. Well anways, here in Michigan it's been nice, but it would be better if you were here to enjoy the sun, warmth, and pools. Yeah swimming. Maybe when you come home, Mommy and Daddy will call me and we can take you and Aubrie to the water pakr. It's free and fun. Little sprinklers everywhere. Well can't wait until you are finally home. You will be home right after my b-day. What a great present for me. To meet my neice. I can't wait to hear the next Taylor Report, tell Mommy and Daddy I said HI. Love you guys much

KMartin said...

We are still following your blog. We think that Little Miss Taylor gets more cute every day. Best wishes on your continuing sojourn in Astana. Are you getting to like it so much you are tempted to stay?

Keith and Erin

Sonya said...

I look forward to the Taylor report every week! Taylor, you sure are a very cute young lady and too smart! I love it!

Sonya

Jila said...

A girl of many faces! She oozes charm and personality (just like her parents). You guys are doing so great - I wish we'd overlapped more. It would have been such fun to be in the playroom/playground with you. --JG

Mom & Dad VanSant said...

Taylor, It is such a good idea to plan ahead. Shows how mature you are becoming & I love hearing from you every week. However, there is no need to rush things. Afterall there are soooo many other things you have to accomplish yet. There's walking, talking, eating big people's food, riding a bike, going to kindergarten, just to name a few. So, as you can see, you already have a great career ahead of you...being mommy & daddy's cute & adorable little girl. That should take you several years. Then, after all that, you can think about one of those other grown-up jobs.
Tell your mommy & daddy I'm missing them and can't wait to meet you in person when you are all home at last.
Lots of love, Grandma

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Great report Taylor! You are right you are absolutely the cutest! Can't wait for you to break outta there and entertain mommy and daddy in the apt! Gena, Jaimie and Berik