August 3, 2007

Starting to stand!


Taylor has decided that she now wants to learn to stand! Now, this is not like she is pulling herself up, but when we try to sit her up, she puts her legs down and pushed up! Yeah! OK so I am definitely the mom who gushes about her daughter!

It was a great day yesterday. The play room was full of friends, Taylor enjoyed the company of us, and she got a new outfit! This outfit believe it or not is a 0-3 months outfit! So perhaps this may be a little bigger than a normal 0-3 month but it fit well! Most of her clothes are 3-6 months so she is very tiny!

Last night was another movie night at Annette's! We all met up and first went shopping where we bought some gifts for people here and some trinkets for home. We then found a Turkish carry out and Hamburgers! Mike, Jennifer, Tony and I were very excited and each got one. They were not like what we were expecting. They were good, but different. We then returned to Annette's to watch "The Departed." The movie was bought by Mike and Jennifer here in Kaz. We turned on the English sound but the movie was horribly re-dubbed in English (same actors but the timing was all off- with random gunshots and music!). Needless to say we were still talking about it this morning!

Today we spent a lot of time outdoors. Taylor really seems happy when we are able to be outside and it is breezy. She is talkative, excited and happy. Everyday we try to get her to move more than the previous day. After visitation we went to lunch and then to shopping where we bought Taylor a traditional Kazakh dress. I cant wait to get her picture taken in it!




The following picture looks like we color coordinated with one another! But we were not alone! Annette and Kate were both in green!



Taylor and Kate looking at one another. Taylor by the slide and Kate in the Jump-o-lene!



While outside, Annette, Kate, Tony and I walked with the girls. We had a good time and enjoyed the breeze... finally!





Just to show one more time how tiny Taylor is, here is her hand on Tony's! I love these images!

5 comments:

Susan said...

hey! I have to say, Taylor gets cuter everyday!! She is so petite and so cute! It's really cool to watch her getting stronger. I told my husband I am going to stop reading blogs for awhile because I'm becoming too obsessed and its making me impatient, but i'm still going to read yours. :) Thanks for doing such a great job and sharing your story. :) Ya'll are really the cutest family. :)

Dana said...

The last few images were great, the three of you in orange and yellow is a nice portrait, the one of Taylor in her hat (too cute!) and of course the two hands, great pictures!
Dana

Hi Taylor,
Serena here, sorry we didn't get to meet in Kaz but I did meet your mommy and daddy and they are really nice people and I'm sure you will have them twisted around your finger like I have my mommy. She runs around after me all day long and does pretty much whatever I want to keep me happy.

Adopted babies are not supposed to cry much because of attachment so my mommy is always with me and I make her hold me ALL THE TIME!! Your mommy and daddy are going to be pretty tired at night, but hey, that's what being parents is all about.

I'll tell you a really fun thing to do when you get home, go into the kitchen cabinets and pull EVERYTHING out! Cereal boxes, snacks, coffee, tupperware, teabags and don't forget to open the box of splenda and pull everyone of those 100 packets out of the box and just throw them all over the floor! They are really fun to play with! Mommy put them in a plastic bag so now I can't do that anymore so make sure you have fun with it the first time because I'm sure your mommy is as smart as mine so she will probably do the same thing.

You will love it at home when you get there. There are even more hugs and kisses. This happens all day long, not like at the babyhouse. I love my new mommy and my new home.

I hope we can meet up sometime in the future so we can compare notes on our families.

Love Serena

Kristan and Mark said...

love the dress. It's beautiful and she is going to be gorgeous in it!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that she is wanting to stand up. She looks so big when she stands. But she is still so tiny. I don't remember Aubrie being that small. But I know that you do. You were there with me when we first brought her home. You stayed that first day with me and I am so grateful. Thanks bunches. I can't wait for you guys to come home. I miss you guys. Love to all.

Debbie said...

Hi Guys!!!
Thank goodness your back, I was having blog withdrawl I told you the highlight of my day is turning on the computer and seeing what is new and exciting with the 3 of you. Taylor looks like ahe is growing well and is trying her best to make great strides in her development. A lot of that has to do with the two of you and the time you spend with her pushing her to go further than the day before. Before too long you will be chasing her around wondering what happened to the little baby you saw the 1st time. Mark and I just love the picture of the three of you, but I have to say that my favorite from this blog is the up close picture of Taylor. She keeps getting cuter everyday. The dress is fantastic and I can't wait to see her in it.
Thanks for keeping us informed and doing such a great job with the blog and pictures.
Debbie