July 19, 2007

Happy Baby!


So today was a very, and I mean very hot day! The weather said it would be 72 but it is about 95. Picture this, we wake up, excited for a cool day, and dress in pants - finally! We get to the baby house and it gets so freakin hot that we go outside, but that got to hot also! I had to go sit in the doctors office for about 10 minutes (they have air conditioning) to keep myself from passing out! But Taylor... she could care less. She was happy all day! We had smiles galore, laughter, and tons of playing! This was a great change to the overly cranky baby that we have been seeing for the past few days!

We played with Taylor mostly outside today and she really seemed to be happy about it! Outside the baby house there are large cribs and we laid down her blanket, put out some toys and played. However, from the picture below, Taylor had the most fun playing with her daddy!


As you can see Taylor enjoys not playing with my glasses but pulling on my hair!

When the older children came outside they realized we were there and came running. They went through our bags, started pulling out toys and the camera... Tony thought he was doing the right thing in saying no and taking the toys back...but this turned into a game for them! :) Below is a picture of Karina. She runs to me whenever I come outside and holds my hand while Tony and I walk with Taylor. It is so cute!

7 comments:

The 5 McGills said...

Loved all the pictures today. Taylor really looks like she's enjoying herself. It was nice to see the picture of Karina, too. She was in my daughter's group when we were there last fall. Have you noticed a boy in that group who is bigger than the other kids? His name is Yetbolat. I'm wondering if he is still there, got adopted or had to move to the chidren's home since he's a good bit older than the other kids.

I know what you mean about the heat! We wore pants the whole time we were there last summer and it was 90+ degrees a lot of days. I also have to second Maggie's recommendation of East/West restaurant.

Have fun,
Deb McGill

Debbie said...

Looks like she has totally taken to the 2 of you and of course you to her. Weather there is very much like here but is suppose to finally break today. No rain to speak of so grass is burned out maybe some when the front comes thru later.
I love reading the posts from couples that have gone before you giving you guys hints and you sharing what you have found to be true there as well. You all are helping the next people to go with invaluable information.
Take care you three and wwe will see you soon
Debbie

The Cook said...

Very cute pictures. I will for sure help you if you want to make a montage. I am very happy for the three of you. Enjoy your time.

Matthew Ruley said...

She is a real cutie pie and she looks so happy! You gave me smiles today!

Susan said...

She is SO CUTE! and wow, Kazakhstan sounds a lot like Florida weather...very hot! I am loving reading your posts and seeing your pictures. I want to gO NOW!!! :)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

What a great family picture! I love the pictures of happy Taylor, too! : )

Thanks for your encouragement and prayers, by the way!

Kristan and Mark said...

What a beautiful family you make!!