July 21, 2007

The Week in Review-A Baby's Perspective




Hey everyone,

It's Taylor Van Sant writing to you. In addition to being adorable and learning to say DADA already (even though Mommy keeps swearing she doesn't hear it), I am also the most talented baby journalist in the world. Today's article will be titled - The Week in Review - A Baby's Perspective

This week was an exciting and eventful week for me and my new parents. Let's take a look at the journey:



On Monday, I had a ball (not really). Here I am sinking just so Mom and Dad can get a "cute" picture. Oh the humanity...




On Tuesday, Dad rescued me from the 'Weird Yellow Circle Thing' that got caught around my leg. I was really stressing out over it. He is my hero.


On Wednesday, Mom and Dad forgot the camera. I made the best faces ever, but apparently you'll just have to take my word for it. Instead, here is a picture of my new cat Tommy reading a book




On Thursday, I shared my views on the socio-economic landscape of Kazakhstan, the impacts of global warming on our planet, and my views on the US Presidential candidates. Unfortunately though, it only came out as BA-BA-GA-GOO.






On Friday, I enjoyed flying like Superman. Look at me go...






And then for today. I really had a lot of fun today. Mom and Dad and I all played for the entire 2 hours. It was cool in the baby house, so I decided I would not be cranky and that I would have fun. I did a little more scootching today, and before long I will be crawling, walking, you name it. I just need to make Mom and Dad work for it a little bit more.

I won't get to see my parents tomorrow. I hope they behave themselves. Me, I have a lot of chores tomorrow, so I will be busy all day. Parents... They have it so easy!

Love you all
Taylor

11 comments:

KMartin said...

We had to chuckle . . . here it is 6 AM on a Saturday morning and we both got up and then met each other halfway to the computer, both with the goal of seeing the Van Sant adoption page. The week in review is a great post. All the pictures are excellent in showcasing Taylor's cuteness. The last picture is absolutely adorable! Such sparkling eyes that look right through the camera. You are truly blessed to have been directed towards this precious little girl. Best wishes!

Keith and Erin
martinkazadopt.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I am glad I am not the only one who gets up and fires up the computer to check your blog. And may I say Taylor that you are a very articulate young lady and well spoken on issues for sucj a young age. It will be a pleasure trading thoughts back and forth when you finally get home. Tony looks like you are feeling better, sure hope so. The weather plays a big deal in how you feel. Take care and will continue my search for the daily blog.Too much fun
Debbie

The Heinrichs said...

Awh..how cute was that! She is so adorable!!! Keep posting and hope you get your court date soon!

HeatherW said...

I am glad that you wrote this so good Taylor. I am sure it took you a while to get the spelling right. I hope things go good after the court date. I am in patient to meet my new neice. I miss you guys bunches. BTW, Aubrie has a picture of Taylor in her room. She keeps calling her, my new sister. Well shes close, at least she knows shes family. Talk to you in the next blog

Dana said...

Love the post today Taylor! Great idea mom and dad had to let you write about your week from your view, very original. I'm glad to hear it was cool in the babyhouse today. I can't imagine how that would happen in July but you all got lucky. Did they happen to install the airconditioner I donated to the playroom yet? Don't work too hard on your chores, try to play a little and tell mom and dad I said hello!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am Sonya, and my huband, Brent, and I are in the "waiting" phase to get our LOI. Reading your blog brings so much joy and makes the waiting so much easier! Thanks!

Stacey said...

I loved the week in review by Taylor! Is it possible, but she does seem to be getting cuter every day! Happy to hear that the weather finally got cooler for you guys! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for everyone!

Hugs & Kisses to all!
Stacey

Matthew Ruley said...

Brilliant! You are a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Taylor, you've already picked up a great sense of humor, not to mention intelligence from your parents!! Wow, am I impressed. Tell Daddy, Lee says it must be mostly from your Mom! :)
You three are a beautiful family! Thanks for the smile! Keep up the great posts. Can't go to bed without checking your updates!

Jila said...

Just found your blog and am so happy to see the pictures. Taylor is blossoming and looks cuter than ever. I'm also so happy to find out, via your blog, about Mike and Jennifer. I met them the day I was leaving. Please say hi to them. Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you. You're a great family and are going to have a lot of fun with Taylor! All the best, Jila (Kiana's mum)

Snoopy 1 said...

got to love Snoopy I glad she like it it was not easy to find but Nana Debbie was able to do so I love all the pictures but Tony it looked pretty funny with your knees up to that poor horses ears. The pics from KAZ are breath taken God Bless.
Love Ya
Mark