July 28, 2007

The Taylor Report - week ending July 28th

Greetings everyone! It's Taylor Van Sant, reporting again from Astana, Kazakhstan. It's been another fun and fascinating week here, and just as I did last week, its now time for my week in review. Sit back, have an ice cold glass of your favorite beverage, and enjoy...




Here you see mom whispering into my ear that I have a twenty three hour trip to look forward to before I get to my new home in Michigan. Obviously, I am very upset about this! Living in Michigan that is. What's the matter with Miami Beach anyway?




Here I am getting the star treatment. I'm such a diva. Mom and Dad will be in for it when I start wanting designer clothes, shoes, purses, etc. Don't worry though. I have a trick that works like a charm. I'll tell you all about it in just a bit.




Here is my reaction after finding out Lindsay Lohan was busted for another DUI. How dumb could you be?






Okay! So this is all I have to do to get what I want. I make a cute little face, maybe throw in some puppy dog eyes, and BAM - I have my parents eating out of my hands. I have plans to employ this tactic for years to come. Make a note fellow babies - it works like a charm!




And then came.... THE ATTACK OF THE KISSING MONSTERS!




Throughout the week, a strange epidemic seemed to overcome the 'large' people. For no reason at all, they just go into these kissing frenzies. I think maybe its a virus or something. Its definitely contagious, because sometimes one of them will do it, and then the other one does it immediately afterwards. Its so weird. They can't seem to help themselves. It doesn't matter if I laugh or cry, they just kiss, kiss, kiss! It's both strangely disturbing and kind of nice all at the same time. Actually, the more I think about it, I guess I really do like it. I can't wait until I get my next kiss!


Well, I guess that's it for now. Court is on Monday, and then my mommy and daddy will come to see me in the afternoon. I will be very happy to see them when they get here! Until then I will be saying my prayers that everything goes well in court. I encourage all my readers to do the same.



LOVE, TAYLOR

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Well Miss Taylor once again I must say that you are very well versed.Your parents are sooo proud of you and all your accomplishments, and so is everyone else. The face, the look and the puppy dog eyes really work well. You must be taught that at a very early age. Tell Mommy and Daddy hi from me and that I miss them and wish them nothing but the best on Monday in court. Can't wait to see all of you when you get home. Hugs and Kisses
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Well Taylor, you have gotten better with you typing. I am very proud that you made it this far. I am glad to see that your doing well. And I am also glad you dont wanna come home to here in Michigan. That maes two of us. But think of it this way, now when mom and dad take you on vacation you get to go somewhere nice. CAn't wait to meet you

MaggieD said...

Meaghan and Tony:
I have loved watching your blog everyday and Taylor is beautiful. I can tell you are having a wonderful experience at the baby house as we did but also know the excitement of the upcoming court date and getting her home. We're saying our prayers for you in Iowa for a quick and painfree court experience. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your new little girl!!

Maggie and Bryan in Iowa
Rachael and Jonathan(Astana '06)

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! So glad to see you are back! I have been going through Taylor withdrawals! So glad you are having such a great time.

Sonya

Stacey said...

Taylor, your news stories are the BEST! I can't wait to hear them in person! I love your baby plan on how to get things, it seems to be working for you very well! Tell your mommy and daddy that I have got my fingers and toes crossed, have said a few extra prayers and am doing anything else I can think of to make sure everything goes very smoothly on Monday in court! Let your Mom and Dad know they will be in all of our thoughts and prayers! Until we can see you, make sure to take extra good care of your Mom and Dad!

Love,
Stacey

Mom & Dad VanSant said...

Granpa Here
Taylor , thanks so much for filling us in on all of the latest updates. I must say however if you ever want to give me any secret information you can always address me in baby talk, because I understand it fully. Here's a sample from your daddy when he was little. agobaudoota moosdapa famum ( all the time too!) I could give it to you in english too but we wouldn't want everyone on the blog to know about it.
Talk to you soon little missy. Now heres grandma.

OMG Taylor, you are just as hilarious as your daddy!!. I do believe that I've heard that the kissing epidemic will be spreading back to the states, just about the time you come home. We also have something else going on over here. I think they call it hug-itis. Be prepared!!
Don't worry, Michigan is not that bad. We have lots of beaches too!
I'm sure you will learn to love it.
Can't wait to hear from you again. In the mean time we will pray all goes well for mommy & daddy in court on Monday. Love you! grandma

Jennifer said...

Enjoy court on Monday. We had the lady judge and it was no big deal. The jusdge read the whole petitoin in Russian. They asked my husband simple questions like "What is your name?", "What is your job title?", "Will you love this child?".

They asked me one question "Can you educate the child?".

Answer are concisely as possible, preferrably with YES/NO. Remeber, the translator has to translate it all, so you don't want it to be long winded.

The whole proceeding was about 10 minutes long, followed by a 5 - 10 minute wait for the judge to chill in her chambers before coming back and shaking our hands.

And remeber, if you say something wrong, the translator usually corrects it before the judge hears it, or it hits the court record.

Just remember to look at the judge at all times, even when the translator is talking to you. However, the judge will never smile, and it becomes like a childhood gave of who can not blink. So try not to giggle.

And for goodness sakes, ask Baheet what gift to bring for the judge a day or 2 before court so you can buy it. We were the 1st CAII family in Astana and came to court empty handed and it was quite awkward.

Snoopy 1 said...

Papa Mark said that there seems to be alot of interesting bugs going on her too Taylor. You have to be especially careful around the hug a bug and the cuddle bugs, they are highly contagious and reports of a warm and fuzzy feeling usually follow these bugs around. They run rampid in Michigan and really can't hurt you in fact they make you feel pretty good inside and out. If you are having a really cranky day mom and dad and the hug a bugs can make you feel oh so much better.
Give mom and dad a hug from me and hoping all goes well on Monday in court. Cant wait to see you in person the pictures are 2 cute